Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Garage Sale Goodie

Our neighborhood had it's semi-annual yard sale a few weeks ago, and even though I chose not to participate in the torture of actually selling things in the yard sale, of course I needed to drive around and look for fabulous pieces of furniture!

I passed about 10 signs directing me to one home that boasted lots of antiques, so I thought, this should be good.  And it was - I found this cool chair!!



The tag on the bottom says it was born in 1974 - is that an antique?  I 'm not sure - but it is really cool.  I have seen a lot of blogging about actually painting upholstered furniture, so I think I might attempt it.  I am planning on using it as a desk chair in the guest room.  I thought about painting it yellow,with maybe black piping?  Or recovering in a graphic black and white?  But recovering will get rid of that neat stitching detail on the back.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. anything 25 plus yrs old is considered antique unless thats been changed....1 can always be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that chair! Can't wait to see what you do with it. =]

    ReplyDelete