Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Welcome to Fall Ya'll

We are in the middle of landscaping the front yard - most of the 18 year old overgrown shrubs were ripped out on Father's Day, and will be replaced next week - finally! But at least I can pretty up the front porch a little for fall, right?


I used these urns and topiaries all summer, however the Mandevilla that I planted in them did not work out.  The sweet potato vine grew like gangbusters!



The pots for the mums were left by our home's previous owner - they were terra cotta pots that I sprayed with oil rubbed bronze spray paint to coordinate with the porch decor.





I placed a fall wreath flat on top of the urn and then put the topiary on top, through the wreath.  I started with two berry and pumpkin garlands per topiary and that wasn't enough.  Then I added one mini leaf garland and one more berry and pumpkin garland. I added feathers to the wreath, then topped it with a fun fall colored velvet leopard ribbon.  I hope it all stands up to the elements!



I got this wreath last fall at Hobby Lobby and added some feathers and the gold "L".  Is it possible to have too many feathers?






All that's left to add is pumpkins!

Happy Fall!


Linking to:

Photobucket 


Centsational Girl Fall Linky Party

6 comments:

  1. I love that you have a front porch to decorate now. It's beautiful, wish we could come and see it. Since you asked...it is possible to have too many feathers, but the wreath looks great. The feathers and greenish ribbon make it "you"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loving your topiaries! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the topiaries! Looks fabulous on your porch! Perfect for fall. I never would have picked the green leopard print ribbon but it's great and it works!
    http://mallicious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how gorgeous!! I just found your blog at Kristin's party and your porch is beautiful. I absolutely love those topiaries! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, welcoming and festive! Love it!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete